Returns on PO

All purchase orders provide delivery instructions to the supplier. The university’s standard shipping instructions require the supplier to ship items to Central Shipping and Receiving, where items are received, consolidated, tracked, and re-delivered to units. 

Exceptions to receipt by Central Shipping and Receiving include deliveries to off-site locations, first or second day air shipments, and expedited deliveries.

If the items you wish to return have been paid for, you must contact the supplier to make shipping arrangements. Complete the supplier's material return authorization form, attach it to your item, and submit a Service Request form (EBS login required). Select the "Parcel UPS/FedEx" option on the Service Request for smaller shipments or the "Freight" option for larger shipments. Place the item in your building mailroom or dock, and Logistics will pick it up for return.

Damaged shipments

Stakeholders must alert suppliers of any materials received in damaged condition.

Suppliers typically initiate a damage claim with the carrier. Please retain all packaging, in the event an inspection is required. Value of the damaged item(s) must exceed $100 for a formal claim to be filed with the carrier if it is believed item(s) were damaged in transit. Suppliers are often required to file claims with the carrier within 60 days of delivery.

Overages or shortages must be reported directly to the supplier in a timely manner. Contact Logistics for assistance at (517) 884- 6082.

Once a supplier has provided a claim number, you may check on the claim status using these links: